Thursday, July 10, 2008

DEATH OF AINA MARDIAH

I read with sadness and pity the death of Aina Mardiah, the 17 year old daughter of ISA detainee Shahrial Sirin, who was safely buried at my village, Kg. Sungai Serai, Ulu Langat, Selangor, on Friday 4, 2008

Shahril Sirin has been a detainee for the last 7 years, and to see him released just to attend the funeral of his daughter is indeed heartbreaking.

As a father and a grandfather to three lovely little kids, I can feel what is in the heart of Shahril, and that of his remaining family.

I only hope the PM and the Minister of Internal Security was there at the funeral, and for them to feel how is it like to witness a daughter suffer without the father, only to see the daughter in death.

My deepest condolence to Shahril and the family, dan semoga Allah SWT mencucuri rahmat keatas roh anakanda Aina Mardiah. Alfatihah.

No comments: